As a civil trial lawyer for the last twenty-five years, Steve Bardsley has developed extensive experience in multiple practice areas, with recognized skill in professional liability, environmental law, and construction law. He has achieved positive results for his clients in all manner of cases, from slip-and-fall personal injury cases to multi-million dollar claims related to alleged errors and omissions, construction delays, leaking tanks, water and wastewater treatment systems, environmental contamination, fire, collapse, catastrophic personal injury, and death. Whether handling cases before state and federal courts or in arbitration forums, Steve’s primary focus is always on solving client problems in the most efficient and ethical manner.
Steve has an undergraduate degree in engineering, which serves him well in sorting through technically complex issues that often arise in the cases that he handles. His earlier career experience includes investigating and designing solutions for contaminated commercial and industrial properties for Clayton Environmental Consultants, Inc.
While earning his degree from Pace University School of Law and completing its demanding Environmental Law Certificate Program, Steve also served as Research and Writing Editor of the Pace Environmental Law Review, was elected as a Student Bar Association Representative, was selected to participate in the Pace Environmental Litigation Clinic, worked as a law clerk for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, and captained the Pace Law Rugby Football Club.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and before the Supreme Court of the United States, Steve has earned numerous accolades including the following:
- Martindale-Hubbell, recognized as the gold standard in attorney ratings, gives him an “AV” rating, which is the highest awarded level, and notes his “very high to preeminent legal ability…a reflection of his expertise, experience, integrity, and overall professional excellence.”
- US News and World Report ranking of ”Best Lawyers” recognizes him as one of the top Construction Lawyers in America.
- Chambers & Partners, an independent international company dedicated to surveying, researching, and ranking attorneys and law firms, has identified him as a “notable practitioner,” ranking him as one of the top construction litigators in Pennsylvania.
- The Construction Lawyers Society of America, an invitation-only construction lawyer honorary society, invited him to be a Charter Fellow.
- His peers have selected him as a SuperLawyers® Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney and voted him a Main Line Today Magazine “Top Lawyer.”
Steve is regularly invited to share his expertise with construction trade organizations and professional societies on environmental and construction-related matters. He is a member of the Legal Counsel Forum for the American Council of Engineering Companies, and of the Society of American Registered Architects.
Steve lives in Malvern with his wife Lynn and his three sons.